These terms and conditions apply to your use of the ‘6th ride free’ and ‘First 2 rides free’ offers shown below.
The following words and phrases have the meanings shown next to them:
- “Visa” means [Visa International Service Association of 900 Metro Center Boulevard, Foster City, CA94404-2775] and Visacard means [a card that uses a Visa Product] trading as Visacard
- “Uber” means Uber BV of Vijzelstraat 68-78, 1017 Amsterdam, Netherlands, Uber Portier BV of Vijzelstraat 68-78, 1017 Amsterdam, Netherlands, and/or the Uber applications, websites, content, products, and services enabling access to request transportation and/or logistics services with independent third party providers of such services
- “You” means the holder of an eligible Visa card which, depending on the offer, means a personal (non-business) Visa Credit card or Visa Debit card issued in the Republic of Kenya.
- Please refer to the offer terms set out below for the eligibility requirements applicable to each offer.
- “Ride” means a single journey booked using the Uber app (excluding a journey that is booked using a Family or a Business profile).
If you don’t currently have an Uber account, you’ll first need to take the following steps in order to benefit from the offers:
- Download the Uber app from the Apple App Store (iPhone), Google Play (Android) or Windows;
- Set your eligible card as the payment method.
- The offers apply to use of the Uber app to book transport. They don’t apply to any other Uber product, and can’t be used in conjunction with any other Uber offer or promotion.
- Free rides are subject to the maximum value set out in the relevant offer terms. If you qualify for a free ride but your ride exceeds the maximum value, the excess will be charged to your eligible card. If your ride is less than the maximum value, you won’t be able to carry over any unused value towards your next ride.
- Free rides must be within locations in the Republic of Kenya where Uber is available and are subject to the availability of Uber driver-partners.
- Free rides can’t be sold or transferred, or otherwise redeemed for cash.
‘6th ride free, up to KSh 1000’ offer:
- This is a Visa card offer, available if you hold a personal (non-business) Visa Credit card with one of the following participating financial institutions: Barclays Bank (Kenya) CoOp Bank, Equity Bank (Kenya) Limited, KCB Bank,
- Every 6th ride you complete and pay for while the offer is valid will entitle you to a free ride up to a maximum value of KSh 1000, as long as your eligible card is set as the payment method for all 6 rides. You won’t have to do anything more to claim your free ride – the credit will apply automatically. You’ll be able to see in the Uber app how many rides you’ve accumulated, and when you’ve qualified for a free ride.
- Your 5 accumulated rides can be in any location where Uber operates (inside or outside the Republic of Kenya). They can be of any value, as long as there’s a charge to your eligible card for each of the 5 rides. You may be charged a minimum fare in some locations.
- Your free ride will always be the 6th ride, unless your 6th ride is taken outside of the Republic of Kenya – in which case your free ride will be the next ride you taken within the Republic of Kenya. You won’t be able to save up your free ride, for example to use for a longer journey.
- If you remove your eligible card as the payment method, any Uber rides you pay for by a different method won’t count towards your 5 accumulated rides – but if you then re-add your eligible card, you’ll pick up where you left off.
- All 5 accumulated rides need to be booked on the same Uber account. If you close your Uber account and open another one, any rides accumulated on the closed account won’t be carried over to the new one.
- Rides paid for using a different payment method (even if you’ve loaded an eligible card) won’t count towards your 5 accumulated rides.
- The offer is valid until 18 March 2018.You will need to take any free rides by that date. There is no restriction on the number or total value of free rides you can qualify for and take up to by then.
- Visa may make changes to these offer terms or withdraw this offer at any time before 18 March 2018, in which case you’ll be given as much notice as possible. You’ll still be able to take any free rides you qualify for before withdrawal of the offer, as long as you do this by 18 March 2018.
‘First 2 rides free, up to KSh 500’ offer:
- This offer isn’t available if you’ve previously held an Uber account, even if you’ve closed that account and set up a new one.
- The maximum value of each of your first and second free rides is KSh 500. If your ride exceeds the maximum value, the excess will be charged to your eligible card. If your ride is less than the maximum value, you won’t be able to carry over any unused value towards your next ride.
- To benefit from this offer, you’ll need to enter the applicable code in the Uber app before you request your first ride if you’re using your Visa card as the payment method. The code will then be applied for each of your first and second rides.
Participating Financial Institution
- The codes have been provided by Uber strictly for use by Visa card or Visa customers who are eligible for this offer. Uber can refuse to honour them if they don’t believe you’re eligible.
- The codes will remain valid until 18 March 2018, so you’ll need to take both of your free rides by that date.
- This is in addition to the ‘6th ride free, up to KSh 1000’ offer. If your first and second ride are equal to or less than the maximum value, then you’ll start accumulating your 5 rides to get the 6th free from your next ride paid for by Visa.
- If your first and/or second ride exceeds the maximum value so there is a charge to your Visa card (whatever the amount), then it will count towards your 5 accumulated rides.
Getting in touch:
As a Visa cardholder of any of the three participating banks, any inquiries you have about the offer, Visa card or your card account, should be directed to your bank.
If your question relates to the ‘First 2 rides free, up to KSh 500’ offer, or to Uber or your use of the Uber service or app, please contact Uber’s customer services via in-app support in the Uber app or at https:/help.uber.com/.
If you think you’ve been charged incorrectly when you were eligible for a free ride, please get in touch with Uber. Uber is solely responsible for Uber products and services, and Visa doesn’t provide any advice, confirmation or warranty in relation to them. Uber’s own terms apply to your use of the Uber app.
Should any dispute arise in respect to the eligibility of the cardholder to the offers referred to herein, or in respect of any other issue in respect of this Campaign, Visa, at its sole and unfettered discretion, shall consider the merits thereof and make a decision which shall be final and binding on the cardholder in respect of the Campaign.